This Reception Is Great, But...Peter Coy and Neil Gross
Americans are hepped up about high-definition TV. Zenith Electronics Corp.'s stock jumped 25% in the week after Feb. 16, when its transmission scheme was recommended as the new standard for HDTV. On Feb. 23, U.S. newspapers blared news that Japan's rival standard was faltering. Pundits cite HDTV as evidence that U.S. technology is staging a comeback.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas