Slowing The Mold That Makes Berries Yucky Fast
Scientist Steven F. Vaughn of the U.S. Agriculture Dept. was irked by moldy raspberries and strawberries at his local supermarket. So he devised a solution that might please even the likes of Jeremy Rifkin, biotech's most famous critic. The answer: a chemical that's part of the berry's own fruity aroma. The cost: less than a penny to treat a quart.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations