Pru Securities Cuts A Price
Prudential Securities' image badly needs some polishing. Hence the debut Feb. 7 of a bold television and print advertising campaign featuring Pru's chief executive, Hardwick Simmons. Then there's this newest volley: The firm is dropping its $35 annual fee for IRA accounts. While some mutual funds already have axed such charges, Pru says it is the first full-service brokerage to do so. Prudential Securities director of Asset Management Services Gerald Tankersley insists there is no connection between the fee change and Prudential's ongoing limited partnership litigation. Rivals say the company has to cut prices to attract customers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing