Diamonds Are A Screen's Best Friend
Take ordinary window glass, coat one side with a microthin layer of diamond, and you have the makings of an extraordinary video display. That's according to SI Diamond Technology Inc. (SIDT), a five-year-old Houston startup. Founder Howard K. Schmidt says the technology not only promises brighter displays that consume less power but also might cost less. If so, diamond screens could leapfrog Japanese strengths in liquid-crystal displays, now widely used for portable computers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations