White, Male, Worried And Hotly Debated
I found your Cover Story "White, male, and worried" insightful and timely (Jan. 31). It is clear that the '60s "make- the-white-man-feel-guilty" approach to diversity training is out of date. Effective contemporary multicultural training, such as the examples in your article, gives everyone a voice and promotes tolerance for a variety of opinions about diversity. Only by listening to all sides can Americans begin to understand the challenge of diversity and achieve an American identity beyond race, ethnicity, and gender categories. It is unfortunate that there are so many poorly trained cultural-diversity trainers peddling their own emotional inadequacies under the guise of experienced trainers. A wider acceptance of cultural-diversity training requires more well-trained consultants and quality-control standards.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas