Rudy Revs Up The ChainsawChristopher Farrell
Rudy to bureaucracy: Get small. That's the essence of New York City Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani's budget plan, unveiled Feb. 2. The city's first Republican mayor in a generation, Giuliani aims to eliminate a looming $2.3 billion deficit. His plan: reduce spending, shrink the city's work force by 15,000, trim New York's vast bureaucracy, and cut some business and resident taxes. The goal is to bring city spending and revenues into balance and reinvent government by boosting productivity.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’