Multiprocessors: The Hunt For Multiple Markets
Determined to find new applications for its large-scale computers, Tandem Computers Inc. is pushing into the so-called decision-support market. The Cupertino (Calif.) company has traditionally sold systems for high-speed, nonstop processing of financial, stock-trading, and similar transactions. Now, it's looking for customers in retail, banking, telecommunications, and transportation who need to analyze buying patterns by plowing through reams of historical sales data. Analyzing such patterns can help with the design of new products and direct-marketing campaigns.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations