France's Antipolitician May Be Europe's Sharpest PolStewart Toy
What's Edouard Balladur's secret? Lots of European politicians wish they knew. France's bland Prime Minister is almost alone among Europe's leaders in maintaining strong popularity--despite 12% unemployment and seeming weakness in the face of domestic strife. Last month, half a million citizens marched through Paris to protest new aid for Catholic schools. Balladur backed down. Recently, fishermen angry at cheap imports looted supermarkets and battled police. Balladur gave them $50 million in aid.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing