Retail Sales Friday, Feb. 11, 8:30 A.M.
Retail sales probably were flat in January, as the record cold temperatures in the East and the California earthquake kept shoppers at home. Car buying likely fell back after a strong fourth quarter. So excluding cars, store receipts probably rose 0.3% last month. In December, total retail sales surged 0.8%, and non-auto purchases increased 0.7%.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Brighter U.S. Growth Outlook Emboldens Fed on Rate-Hike Course
- Stocks Turn Lower, Dollar Rises After Fed Minutes: Markets Wrap
- Risky Crypto Bet Dents Dennis Gartman's Retirement Account
- Apple in Talks to Buy Cobalt Directly From Miners