From Kung Fu Peddler To Media PowerhouseBy
Across China, people are tuning in to programs from Hong Kong's leading TV network, Television Broadcasts Ltd. (TVB). In the southern city of Shenzhen, 90% of viewers get TVB's Chinese soap operas. Along the Russian border, TVB's gangster movies are big hits. "It's a wonderful fit," says Fung Shing Kwong, general manager of TVB International Ltd., the company's overseas distribution arm, "between our product and the market."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks, Treasuries Rise as Greenback Weakens: Markets Wrap