Although the formal site-selection process hasn't even begun, Republicans and Democrats are fast narrowing the field for their 1996 nominating confabs. The GOP is leaning strongly toward a mid-August gathering in San Diego, runner-up to Houston in 1992. And the Democrats are all but certain to pick Chicago, which is the hometown of Chairman David Wilhelm and is well supplied with hotel rooms and other facilities.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations