Will Xerox Shake Rank?
Analysts wonder whether Stamford (Conn.)-based Xerox Corp.'s recent announcement of a worldwide restructuring will rock Rank Organization PLC, Britain's largest leisure company. The companies are closely linked. Rank gets roughly half of its earnings from Rank Xerox Ltd., a $4.4 billion joint venture. In recent weeks, Rank's CEO, Michael B. Gifford, has indicated that he was hoping for Xerox to buy out Rank's 49% stake in Rank Xerox. This greatly excited investors. Rank's stake, which includes a holding in Fuji Xerox Co., is thought to be worth up to $2.2 billion. Now, there's doubt that a belt-tightening Xerox would go through with such a move.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks Gain as Senate Votes to End Shutdown: Markets Wrap