Talk About A Lost Generation
Get ready to do the Time-Warp again: Generation Xers, bored with The Rocky Horror Picture Show, are turning to Saturday Night Fever as their midnight flick of choice. With the resurgence of 1970s music and fashion, a Los Angeles theater chain gave the John Travolta disco opus another spin earlier this year. And twentysomethings responded with gusto, dressing up as the characters, just as Rocky Horror devotees do. Trouble is, there have been so many requests for Fever, released in 1978, that Paramount must churn out dozens more prints. Right now, only a few copies exist. The young moviegoers want the raunchier R-rated version, instead of the PG-13 that's available. "It's not yet a cult movie, but it's moving in that direction," says a Paramount spokesman.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas