Think tanks are the last refuge of a party out of power. So the Republican National Committee is spinning off a tax-exempt institute to work on issues including health care, the environment, job creation, regulation, and defense. The goal of the new National Policy Forum is to promote consensus GOP positions. Initial funding comes from a loan from the RNC, but the new group plans to raise $4 million from corporations, trade associations, and foundations. Party Chairman Haley Barbour says the new organization does not plan to release the names of its donors.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value
- U.S. Companies Abandon the NRA as Boycott Call Grows
- China Regulator Seizes Anbang, Chairman Faces Fraud Prosecution
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Prime-Age Men May Never Return to U.S. Workforce, Fed Paper Says