Sears Tries For Some Sex AppealThane Peterson
Frederick's of Hollywood it ain't, but stodgy old Sears Roebuck is certainly changing. On Sept. 14, merchandise group Chief Executive Arthur Martinez unveiled an eye-catching new $40 million print- and TV-ad campaign to entice women into checking out the Big Store's new, more fashionable dresses, blouses, and other women's apparel. One print ad features a lingerie-clad woman cooing that she bought her two-year-old a pair of pajamas at Sears to help the child go to sleep--and a revealing gown "to keep my 40-year-old awake."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day