Cal I Forn Ia, We Won't Leave Whoops!Thane Peterson
Business-bashing in California is suddenly very passe. Long known for its regulatory zeal, the state recently streamlined its process for issuing environmental permits. It also adopted changes that will cut business taxes by about $500 million a year--including a 6% tax credit for new investments and elimination of the 5% sales tax for startups. The state has also revamped its workers' compensation laws.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas