A Nucor Knockoff Gets Ready To RollThane Peterson
Ready for Son of Nucor? A breakaway group from Nucor is planning to build an ultracompetitive steel minimill. Called Steel Dynamics, the company will be headed by Keith Busse, who ran Nucor's successful high-tech minimill in Crawfordsville, Ind. The startup hopes to best the impressive productivity of the Crawfordsville plant, which makes a ton of flat-rolled steel in only 36 worker minutes--vs. an industry average of four hours. Busse has secured $35 million in equity financing and hopes to start building by late 1994. Cities across the Midwest are offering enticements in hopes of nabbing the project.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis