Where Ginger And Fred Are Still Larger Than LifeJulie Tilsner
It isn't much as restored theaters go, but the woman with the big hat and big hair seems happy. I'm here for the reopening of the Thalia Theater, a revival house on Manhattan's Upper West Side. Boarded up for six years and once targeted for the wrecker's ball, it's being reborn this evening, and a crowd of cinema hounds has come to 95th Street to celebrate. My friend Kourosh thinks the scene resembles a cartoon in The New Yorker. The woman in the hat is veteran character actress and downtown partygoer Sylvia Miles, nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her role as a blowsy blonde in 1969 Oscar winner Midnight Cowboy.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap