The Perplexing Case Of The Plummeting PayrollsBy
The August report on the U.S. labor markets was bad news for the economy. Or was it? The headline grabber was a loss of 39,000 jobs from company payrolls, compared with a widely expected gain of 140,000 or so. A deeper look at the numbers, however, reveals a somewhat brighter picture--one that's a lot less worrisome for third-quarter economic growth.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States