A Von Vay Ticket For AccentsRochelle Shoretz
Suggy Chrai, director of pharmaceutical technology for North America at Bristol-Myers Squibb in New Brunswick, N.J., is sitting before a video camera, repeating words such as "management," "industry," and "chairperson" until he gets them right. It isn't easy. Chrai emigrated from India almost 25 years ago and still feels frustrated when he is misunderstood because of his accent. With the help of speech consultant Laura Darius, president of Corporate Communication Skills International in New York, he is modifying his pronunciation and putting the polish on his presentations at work.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since BP Disaster
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline