Scared Of Getting Zapped In The Utilities Rally?Gary Weiss
'Yield" is fast becoming a four-letter word on Wall Street.
Picayune bank and money-market rates and dividend yields--2.7% for the Standard & Poor's 500-stock index--have sent investors up the wall--all the way to the light switch. Electric power companies are drawing investors to their 5.5% payouts, and that has led to the inevitable quandary: Is there still time to latch on to the power-company rally?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing