For Asbestos Victims: $3 Billion
It was a decade in coming, but Fibreboard and its insurers seem ready to resolve the manufacturer's asbestos-litigation woes. The company announced on Aug. 30 that CNA Financial and Chubb had agreed tentatively to put aside $3 billion to pay for all pending and future claims brought against Fibreboard by victims of asbestos injuries. The settlement creates one of the largest single funds for asbestos victims in U.S. history.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- GE's New CEO Slashes Profit Outlook, Sends Shares Tumbling
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself