The Muni Market Needs A Clean Sweep
The $1.2 trillion municipal-bond market is booming. Some 50,000 states and localities have issued 1.5 million bonds over the years to finance everything from highways to hospitals. Private investors buy three-quarters of this tax-exempt paper and will probably pick up more now that income-tax hikes, and retroactive ones at that, are here. These investors depend on a fair and efficient market.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations