Indiana Shoot Out Fizzles
It seemed a rather simple merger. Back in December, Cincinnati Gas & Electric agreed to acquire PSI Resources in a stock swap valued at $24.50 a share. But once IPALCO Enterprises, another Indiana utility, launched a hostile takeover bid, the battle exploded into a high-wattage shoot-out. On Aug. 23, IPALCO said it was withdrawing its $1.73 billion bid for PSI. The announcement came after two major institutions, which IPALCO would not identify, balked at backing the takeover.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States