The Worm In Dupont's VictoryJoseph Weber and Mary Beth Regan
DuPont Co. Chairman Edgar S. Woolard Jr. proclaimed victory on Aug. 12 when he disclosed that the company had settled the first big test case of alleged crop damage by its Benlate DF fungicide for $4.25 million. His reasoning: Even with additional legal costs, DuPont paid only a fraction of the more than $430 million that plaintiffs in the Columbus (Ga.) case had sought.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’