Allen's Allies: The Shaker Uppers At At&TEvan I. Schwartz
A year ago, on the day executives from American Telephone & Telegraph Co. and McCaw Cellular Communications Inc. sat down to negotiate for the first time, AT&T's Alex J. Mandl arrived at work sporting jeans and a polo shirt--the kind of clothes McCaw executives wear at their offices. "It seemed like the right gesture," says Gary Friedman, a lawyer who represented McCaw during the talks. But the wrong time and place: Craig O. McCaw and his entourage filed into AT&T's Basking Ridge (N.J.) headquarters in gray suits, leaving Mandl the only one present without a tie.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy