The Tax Hikes Shouldn't Derail The ExpansionGene Koretz
If history is any guide, tax hikes can be lethal to expansions. The last time both corporate and personal tax rates were raised, for example, was in 1968, and a recession followed. And the more recent tax increases of 1990 torpedoed an already foundering economy.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- GE's New CEO Slashes Profit Outlook, Sends Shares Tumbling
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself