More Sunlight On European Boards Of DirectorsGene Koretz
It has been a long time coming, but many of the same pressures that forced boards of U.S. corporations to assume more independent, activist roles are now being felt by their European counterparts. According to a new Conference Board report, a combination of scandals at major companies, rising shareholder pressures, and the growing multinational scope of corporate operations is "challenging European directors to improve their stewardship of the companies they oversee."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Homicide Police Probe Deaths of Canadian Billionaire and Wife
- Stocks Gain on U.S. Tax Plan; Treasuries Decline: Markets Wrap
- Death of CSX's New CEO Renews Debate on Health Disclosures
- Bitcoin Takes Bigger Wall Street Stage With Smooth CME Debut
- Bitcoin Climbs as Futures Debut Fails to Incite Attack by Shorts