Merck Is Showing Its AgeJoseph Weber
To give visitors an idea of how easy it is to slip up in drug development, finan`cial wizards at Merck & Co. in 1987 developed a novel computer simulation called DRUG--the Drug Research Uncertainty Game. Spend enough money and hit a few breakthroughs? Balloons and confetti color the screen. But run into a dry stretch? A little Pac-Man creature, labeled Devour Inc., snaps up the player, Drugs-R-Us.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Stocks Drop, Yen Gains as Investor Jitters Return: Markets Wrap