Loosen Your Seat Belt, The Second Half Should Be A Smoother RideBy
Alan Greenspan the economist well understands the perils of forecasting. But Greenspan the Federal Reserve Board chairman apparently doesn't. He told Congress on July 20 that growth in second-quarter real gross domestic product "clearly has run in excess of 2.5%." On July 29, the Commerce Dept. reported that real GDP rose a lackluster 1.6%.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Homicide Police Probe Deaths of Canadian Billionaire and Wife
- Stocks Gain on U.S. Tax Plan; Treasuries Decline: Markets Wrap
- Death of CSX's New CEO Renews Debate on Health Disclosures
- Bitcoin Takes Bigger Wall Street Stage With Smooth CME Debut
- Bitcoin Climbs as Futures Debut Fails to Incite Attack by Shorts