These Board Members Aren't Ibm CompatibleJudith H. Dobrzynski
The winds of change buffeting IBM's executive suites are now reaching into Big Blue's boardroom. Director J. Richard Munro--a member of IBM's powerful executive committee--won't be there when directors meet on July 27 in New York, BUSINESS WEEK has learned. Munro has resigned, citing his unfamiliarity with the computer business as one reason--a remarkable bit of candor, considering he has served on IBM's board since 1979. Stephen D. Bechtel Jr., chairman emeritus of Bechtel Group Inc.--and also on the executive panel--is quitting, too. Helmut Sihler, the former chief executive of Henkel, retired from the board in June for "personal reasons." Afd more IBM directors are expected to depart by spring.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts