A Tale Of Two School DistrictsRon Stodghill II
It's just before noon in Mokane, Mo., and pianist Todd Becker is busy composing an orchestral score in South Callaway County High School's state-of-the-art band room. Sitting behind a synthesizer, Becker glides his fingers across the keys while each sound is recorded into a Macintosh computer. "Some kids take the facilities at this school for granted," says Becker, age 18, who will attend the University of Missouri at Columbia this fall on a music scholarship. "Me? I've always taken full advantage of what this school has to offer."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Stocks Drop, Yen Gains as Investor Jitters Return: Markets Wrap
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States