What If Apple Held A Software Sale And Nobody Came?Kathy Rebello
Apple Computer Inc., under pressure to bolster profits, is considering a radical move to drum up money--licensing out to other personal-computer makers its crown jewels, the Macintosh operating system. Once, such technology-sharing from Apple was unthinkable. Now, it's unclear who out there wants the stuff. "It's too little, too late," says one PC executive.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas