A Gold Standard In Mining OperationsWilliam C. Symonds
Ten years ago, Canadian entrepreneur Peter Munk was looking for a fresh start. With oil prices plunging, the former hotel owner's plan to build a Toronto-based oil-and-gas company was heading for the rocks. Before long, he hit on gold. True, the precious metal had nosedived to around half the $850 an ounce it traded at in 1980. But Munk decided "this was my chance" to get in at the bottom.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt