Investing In Palestine?
In another sign of optimism about the Arab-Israeli peace talks, an international conference of Palestinian and foreign businessmen is scheduled for September in Jerusalem. The conference will deal with investments in the occupied territories once autonomy is in place. It has the ambitious goal of attracting $10 billion over the next few years. The meeting has the imprimatur of Palestinian negotiator Faisal Husseini and the approval of the Israeli government, which believes massive investments in the occupied territories would help solve the problem of how Palestinians who have been working in Israel are to earn a living. Tens of thousands have been put out of work by Israel's closure of its borders with the territories.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value
- China Regulator Seizes Anbang, Chairman Faces Fraud Prosecution
- U.S. Companies Abandon the NRA as Boycott Call Grows
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Snap CEO Evan Spiegel Got $638 Million in Year of Firm's IPO