The Hyping Of The Real Anita Hill
Nothing like a good public dare to catapult a book onto the best-seller list. That's what happened when Erwin Glikes, president of MacMillan Publishing's Free Press division decided to dare the public to read conservative brat-packer David Brock's first book, The Real Anita Hill. Glikes' strategy: Run taunting, nationwide full-page newspaper ads and radio spots that tell readers to decide for themselves whether the book is trash or a solid analysis. Now, discussions among the intelligentsia are raging anew--and sales are soaring. The book is into its sixth printing and holds the No.3 spot on The New York Times best-seller list.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations