Don't Get Scared. Jurassic Park Is Just A Movie
Your commentary "Who's afraid of Jurassic Park? Biotech ought to be" (Top of the News, June 7) serves only as fodder for fringe-group ramblings. The public is too intelligent to confuse Hollywood's screen creations with what's going on in corporate laboratories. It seems to me that the general public would be more inclined to believe the recent life-enhancing and life-saving applications of gene therapy than the fictionalized bringing to life of a raptor or Tyrannosaurus rex. Stirring up controversy where there is none--especially about a movie--will only bring about a self-fulfilling prophecy.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt