Will Dec's Alpha Bet Spell Success In Workstations?
Digital Equipment Corp. is releasing its most powerful workstations yet. On Apr. 20, it plans to introduce three new members of the Alpha AXP line that contain the fastest version of its Alpha microprocessor. At the same time, it will add network hardware and software that gang the machines into workstation "farms," similar to packages from IBM and Hewlett-Packard Co. However, with the speedy chip and price cuts on existing machines, DEC says that its workstations will be the fastest for the money--from anyone.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Times Square Subway Bomber Tells Police He’s a Follower of Islamic State
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner