How many economists does it take to run a National Economic Council? The White House doesn't want you to know. It declines to provide the names and backgrounds of the NEC's 19 staffers, though outsiders say it boasts more lawyers than economists. At the top, both Director Robert E. Rubin and deputy Gene Sperling are attorneys. A second deputy, W. Bowman Cutter, was trained as an economist but has spent his career as an executive and business consultant.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses