Another Plan For Executive Life
California Insurance Commissioner John Garamendi is in talks to sell the insurance operation of Executive Life Insurance to Pacific Mutual Life Insurance in Newport Beach, Calif., sources close to the discussions say. The two-week-old negotiations with Pacific Mutual come after a recent court ruling struck down Garamendi's original plan to sell the failed Executive Life. Garamendi publicly says he hopes to salvage that deal, which is with Mutuelle Assurance Artisinale de France and a subsidiary of France's Credit Lyonnais.
EDITED BY THANE PETERSON
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- YouTube Bans Firearms Demo Videos, Entering the Gun Control Debate
- Stocks Drop Most in Six Weeks on Trade War Tension: Markets Wrap
- Under Fire and Losing Trust, Facebook Plays the Victim
- Fed Lifts Rates, Steepens Path Through 2020 for More Hikes
- Uber Autonomous Accident Video Shows Car Just Before Collision