Japan Perks Up
Japan's economy is showing some spark after two years of sluggish growth. Car sales, machinery orders, and the money supply are all on the increase. Meanwhile, U.S. officials are saying that the much-predicted appointment of former Carter official Richard Holbrooke as ambassador to Japan may be in trouble. New possibilities: former Washington State Governor Booth Gardner and Apple Computer Chief Executive John Sculley.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- YouTube Bans Firearms Demo Videos, Entering the Gun Control Debate
- Stocks Tumble, Bonds Gain as Trade Tensions Rise: Markets Wrap
- Under Fire and Losing Trust, Facebook Plays the Victim
- Fed Lifts Rates, Steepens Path Through 2020 for More Hikes
- Uber Autonomous Accident Video Shows Car Just Before Collision