Waiting In The Wings
He loves me. He loves me not. He loves me. Ah, forget it.
General Motors Corp. CEO John F. Smith Jr. might as well have been ripping petals off a daisy in hopes of retaining his controversial purchasing czar, J. Ignacio Lopez de Arriortua. He finally lost the executive, after a couple of flip-flops, to Volkswagen. IBM director James E. Burke, overseeing the search for the next chief executive of Big Blue, could well sympathize, as one top executive after another publicly disavows any interest in heading the computer giant.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy