The Republican In Clinton's Face
When Representative Dick Armey of Texas launched a crusade in 1987 to close obsolete military bases, Senator Phil Gramm (R-Tex.) flatly told him it couldn't be done. Two years later, Armey's bipartisan coalition dealt the Establishment a stunning defeat, proving that persistence, brains, and timing can occasionally overcome the huge handicap of being a House
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- World's Second-Tallest Building Opens With a Whimper After Delay
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations