Having Your Cake And Selling It, TooLarry Light
In the eyes of Wall Street, tobacco and food giant RJR Nabisco Inc. is an ungainly beast. Because the stock market disdains the tobacco industry--fearing a proposed $2-per-pack cigarette tax and liability suits from cancer victims--it has punished RJR by driving the company's share price down 25% in the past two years, to just over 8.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing