Will The High Court Make Damages Less Punitive?By
It started out nine years ago as an arcane dispute over the title to a desolate spit of land. But TXO Productions Corp., a Dallas-based unit of USX Corp., made a federal case over a 1,000-acre tract in West Virginia's coal country. Now, the legal squabble has become Corporate America's best chance to squelch what it claims is an epidemic of megabucks punitive-damage awards.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- World's Second-Tallest Building Opens With a Whimper After Delay
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations