Don't Call In Those Orders, `Scan' Them In
The classic traveling salesperson's problem: how to send orders swiftly and accurately back to headquarters for fulfillment. In the old days that was done with paper, pencil, and telephone. Today, one might use a laptop computer. But even then there are keyboard errors, and salespeople may be baffled by computer software.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day