Crying All The Way To The OscarsBy
The Secret. A startling twist in plot helped turn the Irish thriller The Crying Game into a hit movie. It may also have had something to do with the low-budget flick's getting a Best Picture nomination for the Mar. 29 Academy Awards. But the coup that The Crying Game is scoring is just one in a string of successes for the tiny outfit that brought it to the big screen: Miramax Film Corp.--a 12-year-old company known mostly for its stable of foreign language and art films.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day