A Big Bang For BorrowersKathleen Madigan
Refi madness is sweeping America. From Boston to San Francisco to Washington, corporations, homeowners, and governments are rushing to refinance debt, borrow new money, and cash in on the bonanza created by a four-month plunge in interest rates. Coming all at once, the flurry of activity is great news for an economy struggling to surge ahead. Indeed, lower rates are likely to boost growth faster than President Clinton's $31 billion stimulus plan ever could.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing