Whoever Succeeds Mulroney Is Already In Trouble On TradeWilliam C. Symonds
Public anger over North American free trade has helped claim its first political victim--Canada's Brian Mulroney. After more than eight years as Prime Minister, Mulroney has accepted the inevitable: He doesn't have a chance of being reelected. For months, his popularity has languished under 20%, the lowest of any Western leader. So, on Feb. 24, he told his Progressive Conservative Party that he will resign once it chooses a new leader in June.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing