Dear Mr. President, Since You Asked...
Your economic address played beyond your wildest dreams in its first week. But the raves are already being tempered, as they should be. The reason? your economic program loaded up on new taxes and went lightly on cutting government spending. It didn't even come close to meeting Budget Director Leon E. Panetta's original goal of cutting $2 in spending for every $1 in tax hikes. Moderate Democrats and Republicans--and just about everybody made suspicious by years of undisciplined congressional spending--are concerned, even while commending your attack on the $300 billion annual federal deficit.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’